The Scouts and Leaders have agreed that the following behaviour is acceptable: –
- The Scouts should have fun whilst learning new activities, making new friends and undertaking a wide range of activities
- We will all try to run the Troop based on the patrol system.
- The Scouts will try to attend as many activities and Troop nights as possible and will let the leader know as soon as possible if they are not able to make a meeting or activity.
- The leaders will try to make activities as attractive as possible at a fair price.
- We will treat each other with respect.
- The flag and associated ceremonies will be taken seriously.
- Activities will start on time and Scouts will be ready to participate at this time.
- We will respect the bell, using it sensible with one ring for stop, three for ‘fall-in’ and continuously for evacuation. Anybody can ring the bell, but it must be used sensibly.
- Whistles will only be used during games. This is for refereeing purposes.
The following behaviour is not acceptable: –
- Bullying, that is picking on another person, is not acceptable.
- We will not use inappropriate language (this means swearing, rude or abusive terms and smutty or nasty comments).
If a Scout does not comply with this code, this is what will happen: –
- The Scout will be told that their behaviour is unacceptable and why this is so.
- If this persists, the Scout will be taken to one side and told that this must change.
- The Scout will be referred to the Scout Leader, who will outline a timetable for change.
- The Scout Leader will write to the Scout’s parents, detail the problem and invite them to discuss the problem.
- The Scout Leader will discuss the problem with the Scout and write up the case. The Group Scout Leader will be informed.
- If appropriate, a Scout will be offered the chance to transfer to another Group.
- Sometimes it will be necessary to suspend a Scout from meetings.
- As a last resort, the Scout will be dismissed from the Group. If this happens, the decision will be made by the Group Scout Leader and the Scout will have a right to appeal.